Sat, May 09|
Italy Wine Class
Find out a few things about Italian wine by tasting 3 wines!
Time & Location
May 09, 2020, 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM
About the event
How to prepare for the tasting:
1. Buy Wines: $54 + Shipping
Pecchenino 2018 San Luigi Dolcetto - $15
Indigenous Selections 2017 Nebbiolo d'Alba - $14
Rosso di Montalcino:
Lisini 2016 Rosso di Montalcino - $25
2. Print Documents (they can take a minute to download): You can also access the documents after the class at my website: https://www.vinowithsteveo.com/winepartydocuments The password is: "pinot"
Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
3. Grab some food: Old World (European) wines are always better with food, so keep that in mind. Grab some charcuterie and cheese, nuts, olives, etc.
4. Decant the wines: You don't necessarily HAVE to decant the wines (if you can, please do), but it might help to open them at least 30 mins before. If you are using a Coravin, it would be good to potentially pour them into a glass ahead of time to let them breathe.
5. Chill the wines: The wines will taste better if they are at least a few degrees cooler than room temperature (between 55-65 degrees, depending on your preference), so don't hesitate to stick them in a regular fridge for an hour beforehand if they weren't in a wine fridge already (it's gonna be hot this weekend!). 20+ minutes in the freezer is an option, too, if you're in a hurry!
6. Get your glassware out: Make sure the glasses you use are big enough that you can actually get your nose in there and smell the wines.
7. Don't forget the water!